EMPath's research team constantly evaluates programs to maximize impact and boost outcomes for families. EMPath applies this research to create practical tools, identify best practices, refine existing programs, and develop new ones.
Who EMPath Serves
- In FY2017, EMPath served 672 adults and 481 children
- The average income at entry is $18,976
- 82% of participants are working or in school
- 59% of participants are homeless
Return on Investment
- According to a Return on Investment study of EMPath’s Career Family Opportunity program by researchers at Brandeis University, investments in EMPath’s intensive coaching program pay off. Researchers noted that the participants’ decreases in subsidy reliance and tax and earnings gains outweighed the costs of the program within one year after graduation.
- In all programs, participants increased their income by 34% during their time with EMPath (from $18,975 to $25,452)