Career Family Opportunity
A groundbreaking five-year program that has a proven track-record of helping low-income families reach the middle class and beyond.
EMPath’s flagship program is called Career Family Opportunity (CFO). This intensive, five-year program is the original pilot of EMPath’s coaching approach. Participants and mentors set goals including saving $3,425 of their own money in a matched savings program, college completion, and housing stability. Program offices are located in South Boston. Since the program began in 2009, a total of 48 participants have graduated the program.
Flagship Program Outcomes
of program graduates have a college degree at exit
average increase in annual income of program graduates
of program graduates are employed at exit
Apply to CFO
The Career Family Opportunity (CFO) program puts you in charge of creating your own path to economic independence. Work with a coach for up to five years to make a plan to achieve your own goals for yourself and your family.
Through the program, you will:
- Partner 1:1 with a mentor, up to five years
- Make a plan to achieve your own goals
- Support and encourage fellow CFOs
- Earn financial incentives
- Develop leadership skills
- End with $10,000 in matched savings
You may be eligible if you:
- Are head of household with permanent, subsidized housing (Section 8, etc.)
- Are a parent (18+ years) with children or legal dependents living with you
- Are a high school graduate or GED/HiSET recipient
- Are legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Are willing and able to pursue a career that will pay family sustaining wages
- Have a household income that is 50% or less than the area median income
- Are in school or working part-time (20+ hours/week for at least 3+ months)
To apply to this FREE program, click the button below. Or, to learn more, call 617-697-4188 or email Bryna at email@example.com.