A Revamped Community for Human Services Professionals
Jan 20, 2022
Through our new portal, organizations across the world can build their network, access trainings, and learn new ways to foster economic independence.
At EMPath, we work directly with people living in poverty to help them climb the economic ladder using our research-backed method for one-on-one support.
But our work doesn’t stop there.
With the Economic Mobility Exchange™ (“the Exchange”), our learning community, we offer training and a network to connect human services organizations worldwide. Members include publicly- and privately funded nonprofits, government agencies, educational institutions, and more. The common thread is our shared commitment to moving people out of poverty for good. We’d love to have you with us!
This month, we’re excited to launch a brand-new member experience. Through our revamped online portal, members can:
- Learn a transformative way of working with people who struggle to make ends meet
- Participants in Exchange member programs have documented successes getting degrees and good jobs, saving money, finding quality housing, and more
- Join a highly collaborative network of fellow human services professionals and systems who share a passion for supporting others
- Participate in discussion forums, working groups, and webinars on a wide range of topics – from diversity, equity, and inclusion to participant communication to managing debt
- Receive trainings from human services experts, from staff working on the frontlines to leaders running a statewide system
- Access a global platform to collaborate with other members, ask questions, and share experiences
Now is a difficult time in our world. In the midst of COVID, millions of people in the U.S. need financial help to get by, whether they’re trying to keep food in the cupboards or a roof over their heads. But for too many, the social safety-net is just that: something to save you from catastrophe, not get you back on your feet. Meanwhile, people working in human services have too many cases and too little time, and often don’t get the coaching and support they need to help struggling families set and achieve their goals.
But it doesn’t have to be this way.
With the Exchange, EMPath is transforming the status quo in human services for everyone involved. We offer resources, support and trainings and share our research-backed method for helping people living in poverty climb the economic ladder. Exchange members share their lessons learned and what it takes to adapt best practices locally. Together, we are revolutionizing the way the social safety net works when we put people’s potential for positive change at the center–and then take the results to scale. We’re excited to have you with us!